Straight teeth are considered highly attractive and healthy. They look good, feel good, and improve oral health by making it easier to chew and bite. Until recently braces were seen as something that is uncomfortable, not appealing, and expensive. The problem is that people have frowned on the measures taken to get straight teeth such as braces since their introduction. It’s only recently that modern technology has introduced advanced forms of dental braces which have allowed for people to feel comfortable wearing them. Gone are the multiple years of attaching metal to your teeth and multiple options are available now which allow you to choose between the traditional style of having metal in front or choosing to use an invisible aligner. If you want straight and healthy teeth but are wondering which dental braces to get, here is a guide outlining the features of both types.
Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign braces are made from a clear plastic material. Unlike traditional braces, they do not involve any wires or metal brackets and are removeable like a retainer. Just like a retainer, Invisalign aligners are worn throughout the day and taken off at night. They are clear and see-through so no one can tell you’re wearing them, they also come in sets. Each set is worn for two weeks and then a new set is made to facilitate your new teeth positioning.
Here are some key features of Invisalign aligners:
- Transparent: The key feature and benefit of Invisalign aligners is that they are transparent and highly unnoticeable when worn. This may be good for your confidence as metal braces are highly visible, flashy, and sometimes considered not aesthetically pleasing. For teenagers with social anxiety, Invisalign aligners are a good option to boost self-esteem and straighten teeth at the same time.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are comfortable and nothing has to be attached to your teeth like traditional braces with metal wires. Being easily removable makes them easier to get used to and more convenient when doing extreme sports where your teeth can be impacted by a bad fall. With Invisalign eating and chewing is not painful or uncomfortable. And getting food out of them is as easy as removing the braces and sticking them under water.
- Modern Technology: Invisalign are not only technological advancements in the way they look and interact with your teeth but also in the way Dentists are able to figure out how much tightening needs to be done to your gums in order to straighten your teeth. Invisalign aligners use a software that allows patients and dentists to see the predicted outcome of their teeth and allows them to create each new set. The graphs become a motivating factor in continuing the pursuit of keeping the Invisalign aligners on and properly treating their teeth to improve their smile.
Traditional braces are the oldest and truest method for straightening teeth for that perfect smile. Traditional braces have also gone through technological advancements and although they still include metal wires, brackets, and elastic bands that take less time than previous materials to straighten teeth. Traditional braces are a no hassle method in straightening teeth since they are affixed to teeth permanently. With Invisalign braces you need to visit the dentist every few weeks traditional braces only require visits every few months.
Here are some key features of traditional braces::
- Cost: Traditional braces are more affordable than Invisalign retainers. With less checkups, less materials needing to be created, and less chance for errors to occur such as forgetting to place in your Invisalign braces traditional braces have the advantage in cost efficiency.
- Effectiveness: Traditional braces are considerably more effective than their counterparts for people with severely crooked teeth. They are affixed to your teeth so you can’t lose them or forget to put them in. And Invisalign braces may be less effective or may take immense time to fix your teeth while traditional braces can be tightened and banded to do their job faster.
- Overcrowded Teeth: Traditional braces are also a better option when it comes to fixing overcrowded teeth.
- Long-Lasting: Traditional braces are made of metal so they don’t stain or discolor like Invisalign braces do. If you are a smoker you may prefer traditional braces over Invisalign ones.
Summerlin Dental offers professional services when it comes to Invisalign and traditional dental braces. We have all that you need to straighten your teeth and bring back that confident smile. If you are searching for a “braces dentist near me” online you can learn more about our dental services here at https://summerlindental.net/.